- “Carioca de Algema” by Millôr Fernandes and Carlos Lyra, is chosen as theme for institutional vídeo by the Municipal Government of Rio de Janeiro.
1. “Carlos Lyra best selection from 1959 to 1963” – Dear Heart - Japão
2. “Carlos Lyra – Bossa Nova” – Polygram – Japão
3. “Bossa Cucanova” (CD REMIX com “Influência do Jazz” e “Maria Moita” – Cucamonga Records BRASIL / Crammed Discs BELGICA / Six Degrees Records USA / Virgin – Spain
- Show Vivendo Vinícius at the Teatro João Caetano, Rio de Janeiro, with Carlos Lyra, Baden Powell, Miúcha e Toquinho
- Double CD “VIVENDO VINÍCIUS” recorded live, released on BMG Brasil label
- Mayor Luiz Paulo Conde awards Lyra the Diploma “Friend of Rio” in recognition of his contribution to the betterment of the City of Rio de Janeiro—at the Museum of Modern Art (MAM), Rio de Janeiro, November 19.
- Editora Irmãos Vitale publish Lyra’s book on guitar method, “Harmonia Prática da Bossa Nova” (Pratical Harmony of Bossa Nova).
- CD “Sambalanço” released in Japan on Rip Curl Records label.
- CD “Carlos Lyra – a música brasileira deste século”, released by SESC-SP
- CD “Carlos Lyra / Enciclopédia musical brasileira”, released by Warner Music - Brasil.
- CD “Carlos Lyra / Millennium”, released by Universal Music - Brasil.
- CD “Saravá” (originally recorded and released in 1970 as an LP on the RCA México label) released on BMG label.
- CD “Herói do medo” (censured by the Brazilian government in 1974) remixed and released on the Warner label.
CD “Coisa mais Linda – the Carlos Lyra songs” released by BMG Brasil.
- Celebrates 50 years of his carrer at Canecão, in March, 17, where records an alive DVD with many special guests.
- Records the TV Program 7 X Bossa Nova to Direct TV
- Participates on the film “Coisa mais linda (This is Bossa nova)– History and Stories” by Paulo Thiago
- Releases the CD “Sambalanço”, celebrating his 50 years of Music.
- Composes with Joyce their first song together, called “E era Copacabana...”
- First recording of “E era Copacabana...” with Dori Caymmi and Joyce to the new album Rio-Bahia
- Contemplated with the Shell Brasil Music Award 2005, ‘for the collection of his work’.
- Releases the Tv Program 7 X Bossa Nova
- Releases the DVD “Carlos Lyra – 50 anos de música” (50 Years of Music) by Biscoito Fino
- Releases the film “Coisa mais linda (This is Bossa nova)– History and Stories” by Paulo Thiago, based on his and Menescal’s musical memories.
- Composes with Marcos Valle their first song together, called “Até o fim”.